Sunday, May 18, 2008

Trauma.

I was traumatized yeaterday. A few times.
First of all, at work, I was hosting a vendor event for marketing, and a pizz lunch was provided. I had sprinkled on some of those dried peppers, and had just said something when I lifted the pizza to my mouth and inadvertently inhaled (through my mouth, don't ask how this happened). Anyway, a flake of pepper inhaled into my windpipe. From what I can tell, it never coughed out. I swear I could still feel it last night. Of all the things to go into your lung, a spicy pepper flake! Hmm... probably not the best.
Then, I was in a parking lot yesterday after work, not really looking where I was going, and accidentally kicked a water bottle, which flew across the lot in front of me, which is why I noticed that it was half-full of... pee. Really. I know guys do that. And I was wearing flip-flops. Oh, the humanity!
So, I was in that lot because I was going to a movie. During the previews of which I had to endure this commercial featuring the sometimes-sexy Harrison Ford. But, he was not sexy in this commercial, touting "Join 'Team Earth' and 'Conservation.org,'" the loss of the rainforests over there due to our carbon emmissions will get us here later... No, Harrison, those rainforests are being replaced with corn for ethanol production. Duh! You're right, though, it might have an adverse effect someday. How 'bout drilling for some oil now?
It's not that I'm against conserving, but I am just so sick of people spinning things to perpetuate their political agenda.
And, here we go, trauma #4: "27 Dresses." My sister rented it because she watched "Lars and the Real Girl," which depressed her (and is my absolute favorite movie of 2007). I've seen it before, except it was called "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days." And there was one scene which I was sure was a sequel that would be called "Coyote Uglier." We watched it even though we were both done after about 5 minutes. The fun thing was making fun of every single thing about the movie.
It's okay, you can call me a 'movie snob' if you want to. I can handle it.
So, that was my traumatic day. I know, it's hard bein' me!

1 comment:

kitebrdr said...

Was the lid on the pee bottle? Hope so. Loved Lars.