Thursday, July 16, 2009

Food for thought

What do you think your chances are of going to heaven if the last thing out of your mouth before you die is the grown-up version of "mutha eff!"?
Because I was thinking that, for me, this is a very real possibility.
I was thinking about dying in a car accident on my drive home today. Sounds morbid, but it was because of all the hideous driving around me. And, I figured, in my last moment, seeing the car that is about to kill me speeding my way, that is probably what will fly from my mouth.
So, how good do you think one has to be to override that kind of last moment? Like, Mother Teresa good? Gordon B Hinkley good? Or just, like, regular human who is pretty good good?
I think I may be in trouble.

2 comments:

Chillygator said...

If it helps you feel better, I had a caller yesterday who told me I wasn't going to the highest degree of glory because I don't have children or recite The Lord's Prayer. Let's forget the fact that I'm not married, so either way it's a no-win. I will hang out in the lower kingdoms with you!

Alison said...

:D