Thursday, February 19, 2009

Old friends...

Lately, I have been lucky to see (and talk to) a few old friends (and no, they are not old, I am the only old person in this post, but the friendships reach back to my teen years) that I haven't seen in a long time.
It has been way fun!
I got to see my fabulous high school friends, Molly and Allison, both at Christmas. Which was rad. I did not have the foresight then to take pictures. I hate it when that happens.
I got to hang out with Krissy and Tyler, also high school friends, last week. Look how stylin' we all are at the Sambuca Jazz Club (yes, this is when I wore those killer shoes):Yesterday I spent a whole hour talking to my college freshman bff, Jennie. I am sad to admit that the pictures of us are so old that they are not even digital. Someday, I will scan those puppies in, or maybe get the negatives transferred onto a cd. Man, I really am old.
This weekend, I get to hang out with my high school friend, Missy, whose normal-sized head by sharp contrast emphasizes the hugeness of my own. Behold:It has been so fun to reconnect with everyone! And, of course, I have gotten to email with several old friends on Facebook lately. That's fun, too, although the book-made-of-faces (or is it the face-that's-a-book?) is a little less fun than sitting around laughing and eating, say, cantaloupe gelato together... Hmm... I think I have a craving.

2 comments:

The Polson Family said...

So fun to talk to Jennie. I would love to connect with her!

Rhia Jean said...

That's funny...not funny ha-ha, but funny interesting. I have been reconnecting with friends from high school on facebook lately too and it's wierd because our lives are so different. Sometimes I look at their pictures and think "Am I that old too?" So this is what I say, "Tawanda!" or is it Towanda? Whatever...you get my meaning. :)