Monday, April 6, 2009

Michelin man ain't got nothin' on me

Today, at work (in a very shady, windy, freezing canopy where I sat for hours freezing my proverbial bullocks off) I wore:

  • White camisole over classic white wrap top
  • Nice brown tweed trousers (lined, but now I realize that a silky lining in pants can actually make you colder)
  • cute peacock blue Audrey-Hepburn-esque swing jacket
  • great orange coral and brass accessories
  • brown on brown polka-dot trouser socks
  • ballet flats with bow and bronze toe
  • funky Betsy Johnson frilly girl sunglasses...
  • orange suede gloves with tassels at wrists
And that's exactly where the cute ends...

Add:
  • my "Fargo" hat (which is cool in its own right, perhaps not with the rest of the ensemble)
  • my brown thick jacket with fur-lined hood (hood UP)
  • my really oversized, hideous, keep-it-in-the-trunk-in-case-of-emergency GAP black puffer coat that could easily fit at least one other person, or as many as TWO Olsen twins, along with me, inside
  • another sweater-y coat wrapped around my legs as I sat for extra warmth

I looked like a freak who belonged in, well, Fargo. Except, even with all the millions of layers, I was still freezing. I am still cold. I left work hours ago and have taken a hot shower since then. I think the cold is in my bones.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, but DID you pull of the accent?

handheaded said...

what no picture?