Friday, April 3, 2009

Traffic Rizzle (that's rap for "Report")

I heard the BEST traffic report this morning! I was listening to one of the local hip-hop stations, and this guy gets on, obviously white but trying really, really hard to sound like he is some gangsta, or rapper, or whatever.
He's all, "we got crunk traffic this morning," (okay, first of all, I doubt they're "crunk," check your urban dictionary before you use the term incorrectly, playa)... And "highway 635 is off the chain between Coit and the tollway."
And then he signs off. "This has been C Dub for K104," or something like that. Honey, I am sure you have been told to sound really "tight," or "hard," or "ghetto," but as I am sure "C Dub" stands for something like Christopher Wilkinson, you may want to tone it down a notch... It's a little overkill. Or, alternatively, stay the same, because it's just too darn hilarious!
(I admit that I, too, sometimes fancy myself quite the rapper, and therefore this post is slightly ironic. But, come on, I'm not doing it over the radio! Maybe I should...)

No comments: