Sunday, June 28, 2009

The heat!

Okay, so I realized something awesome about how hideously hot it is in Texas. It actually works for me. You know why? Because, unless there is a pool or lake involved, no one expects you to do anything outside. Ever.
Which means I'm not getting any grief about not going hiking or rock climbing. No one is hassling me to go mountain biking. Because these things are actually not possible. 1) We have no mountains, or hills & 2) you can actually die out there.
So, the moral of the story is, if you are an indoorsy girl, who doesn't like being considered a loser for not wanting to participate in these types of activities (as I often was in Utah), and you like to shop, eat amazing food, go to films and museums and live music, Dallas might just be the right place for you. Even if you hate, HATE the heat. Because you are inside most of the time anyway.
I am done.

4 comments:

Chillygator said...

I'm sold! I need to go to Texas in August! Perfect indoor vacation.

Alison said...

Amen to that.

Zappe Family said...

Aaaahhhh...lovin' Seattle my dear. :) Lots of rain in fall and winter, but BEAUTIFUL in the summers...low humidity and in the 70s! :)

WhiteEyebrows said...

hear hear!