Monday, June 22, 2009

It's hot and I'm dying.

Dallas is perfect. Aside from the overwhelming, soul-crushing, heart-breaking heat. I mean, I'm not gonna make it. I think I'm actually going to have to leave Texas. Again. (Vote on my new location to the right). Probably not until the fall, though. Which means, I will have to live through the heinous summer. Boo. Hiss. Ick.

Other random things I don't like:
1. The phrase "hot mess." Dude. Terrible.
2. How on tv, couples always sleep in a queen-sized bed. I am SO gonna need more space than that, for my sprawling tendencies. Plus, snuggling is good, some of the time. But, it makes me hot.

Random things I do like:
1. Lemon/lime or cucumber water. Never liked lemon water before, but now that I'm off soda (since May 17th!), I had to try something else again.
2. High heels! Oh, man. I gave in to the whole flats/flat sandals phenom. In fact, I gave in so much that I wasn't wearing heels very much anymore, just on dates (and even then, not always... I know, ICK!) and to church. But, I wore them on Friday night, and it was like heaven! Heels are home, baby. I had been forsaking the true me and had given in to comfort and trends instead of adhering to my high-heels-at-all-times-except-for-work rule. I'm not saying I won't wear flats, but I'm just saying, I remembered who I am! Yay! Heels! Love ya! Welcome back, Maigen!

1 comment:

Alison said...

You're great! "Heels are home." Love it. :)