Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dirty jeans

The new-ish Levi's "live unbuttoned" commercials are absolutely hideous.
I warn you, they are not really PG, especially the first one, where two people admit all the lies they have told each other as they strip and engage in breaking and entering in order to have meaningless sex. Oh, yeah. That is really appealing. Gosh, if I buy your jeans, I can sleep with a random (and ugly, btw) guy who lives in his car, wears plaid boxers (how very 1992), and is a compulsive liar?! Oh, where do I sign up?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S83u8eQ6acA

And here is the "if I wear Levi's, I can have a one-night-stand with a guy who will sneak out in the morning to avoid a conversation" commercial. I can't imagine a more romantic, desirable situation! It's what I've been looking for my entire life... I can't believe I've been wasting my time looking for love! What an idiot!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCITbt7nsIY

Give me a break, Levi's. And while you're at it, give me a pair of jeans so I can "live unbuttoned." And get an STD.

PS: If you can't tell, I re-he-heally hate this ad campaign.

Manolo Blahnik, Manolo Blahnik, Manolo Blahnik, Manolo Blahnik, Manolo Blahnik, Manolo Blahnik... Gotta ward off those L-word ads...

No comments: