Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My hair is gonna look like Kramer's on that episode of Seinfeld where they had no water pressure.

So, I called my apartment complex office to complain about our water heater. Lately, a hot shower has been out of the question. Tepid, sure. Lukewarm, why not? Hot? Yeah right.
And if Georgia and I are both using our showers at the same time, forget about it.
So, they installed some meter. Or something. Don't know the technicalities. But, suffice it to say that now we may have hot water, but the water pressure is GONE. My shower is but a trickle (in fact, it isn't flowing fast enough to stay on, and often defaults to coming out of the bath faucet). Washing clothes takes twice as long. Running water from the tap in the kitchen is weak sauce.
So, what you're telling me, maintenance guy, is it's either cold water or no water? Oh, okay, that makes sense...

And, the worst part is, I don't want to call them again, although it is only a matter of time. But, you know, the office/maintenance guy could get annoyed and say, turn the heat off altogether. "Take that, Apt 10--, how do you like that water pressure? Enjoy your hyperthermia. Wah ha ha!"

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Is the dial on the water heater turned all the way up? If not I know how... that's the Numero Uno thing I do after I move to a new place.