Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I think I'm gonna have to call in sick tomorrow...

...because tonight I saw "Rachel Getting Married."

I wanted to love it. Really, I tried. But, from the extreme over-acting, to the scenes that seemed to go on forever, to the random and excessive and tiring musicians, to the pretty unlovable main character, it was one of the most painful cinematic experiences I have ever endured. It went on forever. Each party that happened in the film had to be stomached in its entirely by the audience. Please, do yourself a favor and avoid this movie, which has earned itself a spot amongst the coveted 'worst movies of all time," the likes of "Down to You," "Coyote Ugly," "Leatherheads," and "Requiem for a Dream."

I was hoping the Anne Hathaway character would just do herself in, and it would be over. Instead; each and every toast that was made; each and every guest's musical contribution; each and every long, drawn out melodramatic fight and speech; each and every dance scene; just went on longer. Just like this post. I'm so done.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

UM, you forgot to mention how excrutiatingly disjointed the whole thing was! Not only was it over-acted, drawn out and trying too hard to be original (which just made it lame, not original) it made no sense- they lost the story line in between the circus that was half the movie! I was disappointed that she hit a rock in the woods and didn't go barreling to her death in the river like I was hoping!!!

Teri said...

Bummer. I was hoping it would be a good one. Thanks for the review. You just saved me 2 hours and a bit of cash :)

Chelle said...

Whew. I already saw the movie, so you tragically can't save me from seeing it, but I'm relieved you didn't love it either. I felt like I was supposed to appreciate it from the reviews, but I couldn't make myself. It just felt like I was back in rehab, (no not for myself) counseling kids who really did have that messed up lives. I left that job for a reason.