Saturday, August 25, 2007

Doomed to boredom?

At dinner tonight with some friends, I could not help but notice a lady at the next table intently listening to our conversation. She was just staring over, not even trying to hide it.
Leaving the restaurant, I outlined my theory to my friends: she was either a) on a really bad date or b) married.
Leslie said she was wearing a huge rock. So, she was married. Her and her husband were sitting there barely speaking, and she had practically fallen over while walking past our table on the way to the bathroom, she was leaning in so much.
Geez, to be so bored with your spouse that strangers think you might be on a really bad, awkward date.
I want that.

(Kidding.)

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Wow, now I REALLY want to know what you were talking about. From all the dinners, lunches, breakfasts I have had with you, I KNOW it must have been interesting...

It is moments like these that I cherish the life I have.