Friday, August 10, 2007

the naked dress

So, today I did some major damage to my bank account. By using retail therapy instead of paying a shrink to listen to me talk about my problems (i.e. "Geeky Mormon Boy (hereafter GMB)," pending "forever aloneness," the possiblity of Uggs boots never being pulled from the shelves (I saw a slew in Nordi's today), and a general feeling of woe produced by "alien customers") I was able to not only release my angst in a non-violent way, but also walk away with fabulous spoils that will surely make me smile for several months to come...
I got a pair of J Simp round-toed, royal blue, suede pumps (I know, I hate to support the evil empire that is Jessica Simpson, but the shoes were cute and inexpensive); some gorgeous black patent-leather Stuart Weitzman heels (on sale!!! Fabulous bargain, at Saks. Who knew?!); and a naked dress. Like SJP has on S&TC, except for a little less naked. It's gorgeous. Hopefully, the arsenal of uncomfortable, squeeze-that-in, make-everything-under-the-dress-that-is-practically-see-through-appear-to-be-covered undergarments I will have to wear will not cancel out the powers of the dress. I need to be smashing in it, and to feel like a million bucks. SOMETHING'S gotta make up for GMB and my other ailments!
PS: I found good sushi today, too. Surprisingly, outside the Macy's in the Dallas Galleria (a.k.a. "Heaven on Earth"), a little sushi bar makes some pretty good rolls for not too much. I was pleasantly surprised! Now, if I could only get a parasite from it, I would look even better in the naked dress!!

No comments: