Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I am SO BORING...

Sorry for the lack of fun posts lately, I am just,well, kind of boring this week. Work is work, and I have to work tons of overtime (boo!). I have skipped the two sort-of-social church activities this week because I am so tired, so I haven't had any of the hilarious experiences that often present themselves when in the company of many mos. I have to go to bed early tonight to get ready for an extra-early, extra-long day tomorrow. I'm just boring.
The one thing I am really looking forward to is my writers' workshop tomorrow. I went for the first time last week, and I think it will really be paramount in the publishing of my book. The group has published tons of books, and a few are speaking with Hollywood producers about movie ops. Sweet! I already know who I want to direct (Wes Anderson) and star (Adrien Brody-- even though he may be too good looking for my main character) in my movie.
Anywho, people read aloud, and everyone critiques what they read. That scares me, but I am sure the criticism will help me. Of course, after writing a book for a couple of years, you are kind of attached to it. You have it memorized, practically.
PS: I love the rain. I am so glad we have been having storms this week. The black clouds really brighten my day. Do you think I need counseling? ;)

5 comments:

WhiteEyebrows said...

If you came to choir you would have enough material for a whole week of blogging. I think last week my best line was "aren't bruised and battered beautiful words!?!?!"

Natasia said...

hey girly girl. I'm adding you to my blog list. I'm a frequent reader of yours-and you give me many ideas. Can't wait to read your book!

Alison said...

Did you ever see that American Express commerical with Wes Anderson in it? I LOOOOOOOVED it. I would just laugh and laugh every time it came on. I'm totally looking that up to for a laugh tonight.

Kerry said...

You sounds like a teacher, or in other words: me.
You could never actually BE boring, though. Maybe a boring night in your life is possible, but you don't equate to boring. No, never.

Rachel F. said...

Good luck at the workshop! I'm guessing it will attract quite a unique crowd. Do share...