Monday, September 29, 2008

I'm registered at Monolo Blahnik...

So, with my up-and-coming flunking-out of the singles' ward, I have decided to get married. To myself.
(I must thank Carrie Bradshaw, a fictional character, for this idea... Although I have many a time considered registering for Christmas.)
I am registered at Monolo Blahnik.
No, not really. But, I do think I should register somewhere. Just because nobody loves me doesn't make me any less in need of presents. In fact, I could argue that I am actually more in need of gifts because of my ultimate failure as a 'single mo female' to realize my full potential of wifey and mother. The presents can be a balm for my (nonexistent, but assumed for this particular social experiment) wounds... (I think I'm supposed to feel worse about it than I do... I think everyone else feels worse about it than I do, actually.)
Perhaps my online Anthropologie, Nordstrom, and endless.com wish lists can count as my registry? Perhaps I should register at Target, Crate & Barrel and Macy's. Does Saks Fifth Avenue have a registry? Because I really am partial to their shoe department...
Hmm... I think I'm on to something. Bridget Jones would so do this.

2 comments:

The Evers said...

oh my friend! I love you! You can come and spend everyday of your life with me... I would love that! I miss you!

Alison said...

Yes, Bridget Jones would do this. Ha! Wonderful idea! I can't afford to give you $400 shoes, but I can get you some mixing bowls from Target. :)