Thursday, September 11, 2008

Project Runway

Wednesday's "Project Runway" was pretty dang awesome! It had some of my least and most favorite looks yet this season!
Jerell won! His outfit was amazing. This photo just doesn't do it justice. At all. It was like Gatsby meets peacock meets Burberry. Halleluia!
Kenley usually is pretty good (and I love her style, and fully intend to wear feathery hair pins in the near future...) but boy, did she miss the mark. I know it was supposed to be avant guarde and astrological and all, but, lady, those are some big sleeves. "Thanks, I made them myself." This girl looks like the queen of plaid hearts to me. I don't know why. It just seems like she's about to start lopping off people's heads. Oh, and that skirt is reminiscent of upholstery popular in the 80s. Or bad drapes. And, I think the drapes are covered with georgette, or tulle. Behold:

The tanorexic Blayne was appropriately dismissed after this insane flesh-colored-bodysuit/carny/s&m/Jane-Fonda-work-out video-costume get-up burned our retinas. I think this is what Stephen King's "It" should have looked like. Ick:

Oh, how I love "PR"! What a great show. If I could sew more than just buttons, I would so rock that show. (Erica: I, too, have shopping dreams. I wake up so sad not to have all the fabulous dreamed clothes and accessories... When I am independently wealthy, I will commission someone to make all that stuff. *Sigh*)

5 comments:

Alison said...

I also heart Project Runway. sigh. I totally agree with all of your critiques. The big-sleeved dress seemed a little off to me--as in not completely symmetrical or something. It was also just plain hideous. :P Kenley has been getting on my last nerve lately, but I do like some of her stuff.

Jerell's outfit was just cool and all the other top designs were awesome in their own right. That would've been a hard choice to make as a judge.

Ok, I'm done. :)

JanaB said...

Basically I missed the whole season which I don't know if I can even admit. . I am just sick about it.

Maigen said...

Jana, it's not too late... Luckily this wasn't the final episode! Just an especially good one!

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I tried to watch the re-run of this at 12, but fell asleep before the end. Man, I'm glad I didn't see it, for I would have had some serious nightmares.

Erica said...

I am still thinking about Leanne's purple spy dress with the grey jacket from a week or two ago. It blew my mind. I also am still in love with Kwomo's little black wrap jacket from the same show. The Diane Von Furstenberg challenge was awesome. Who doesn't want to look like an international woman of mystery?

I haven't seen this last week's show yet due to working too much. I am all over that now after seeing your blog.