Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Movies, movies, movies!

I have seen a ton of movies lately... Here are some helpful reviews:
"Asylum" had lots of sex. Kind of gross sex. Overall, I am not sure I liked it too much, aside from a certain suicide scene which was pretty darn good. And, another death scene that was good. Okay, so the main good things about it were the deaths.
This movie was kick-a. "Tell No One" was awesomely good, and starred a guy who is the french Dustin Hoffman. Also, the french Bill Engvall was in it. The story was great. The only problem I had was that it was so twisty-turny, and there was so much information, that reading the french sub-titles and putting all the pieces together was a little tough at times. Overall, loved it. Oh, also not a fan of the gratuitous nudity. It wasn't sexy nudity, or anything, just like, naked for naked's sake.

More naked for naked's sake... "The House Bunny" was pretty funny, but there was a lot of flesh. And, the age-old annoying "smart guy falls for super-stupid girl," which we see a lot in real life. However, I laughed a lot (especially during the exorcist-sounding name repetitions). The main problem I had was with this one girl who seemed to be feral. To say she was raised by wolves would have been a compliment. She was totally gross. I could've done without her, for sure.

"Death at a Funeral!" Awesome, awesome, awesome! Loved it, recommend it, will buy it! If you don't mind the british-accented f-word (let's face it, with a british accent, it's charming!), you should check it out! There is one bathroom scene that made me dry-heave, but overall, PURE LOVE!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Asylum premiered at the Tribeca film festival in 2005. I went to it and sat next to Ian McKellan...and then he and NAtasha Richardson did a question/answer series that blew me away...so I liked it a little bit more...but yes, gross sex.

I hated the house bunny.

Loved Death at a Funeral!