Sunday, January 11, 2009

Dead girl walking...

Today was my last day in the singles' ward. I was actually okay with it, and went around making jokes to my friends about it like, "well, I'm gettin' the axe," or, "they're calling me in to fire me," about my meeting with the second counselor after church. Turns out, it was just a little "yearly" catch-up meeting, in which I had to tell them that I was flunking out. (You know, was past the age limit of a "YSA [young single adult]" and now fall into the category of "OSA [old single adult].)
Seriously, I actually find the whole thing quite comical, as is my standard reaction to most things in my life. You should see me do my impression of the ward dusting its hands of me and saying "well, we have done all we can for you and you are on your own! Good luck with the 60-year-olds!" It's hysterical. (Of course, the bishop was actually not like that at all, and in fact was very sweet and encouraging. I just like to hyperbolize.)
However, everyone else seemed quite distressed about it. Like, they were seeing me on my last day on earth, or were attending my funeral. I half expected a "eugoogely" ("Zoolander") from a few folks.
Huh. I guess I was not taking it as seriously as I should have... I mean, my main concern is not seeing my friends at church and missing them. Is that wrong? Does anybody else hear a deathmarch? ;)
Eulogize if you must...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

When I think about how little sex* I am getting...it puts these situations into perspective. I'm mostly kidding.



* If I can't say "sex" on your blog, please delete. I won't feel bad.

Maigen said...

In my opinion, "sex" isn't said nearly enough on my blog... Please proceed. ;)

WhiteEyebrows said...

Yeah... I'm just really sad I won't have a guaranteed Megan sighting on a weekly basis... :(

Thank goodness for the interwebs.

Rhia Jean said...

Isn't that funny that people categorize OSA's as dead? I do not categorize myself as either. I feel that I'm too young to be old and I'm definitely not dead. No worries though. People that are truly your friends will still continue to truly be your friends no matter where you attend church. :)

Kristen said...

From now on your blog needs to have a Sunday Picture post in which we all still get to see what you wore to church!

That sparks a whole new idea. Can we start a video conference church support group for everyone who's been separated so far? It'll be as if we're all still sitting just down the row....

JanaB said...

SEX!!!!! Come on over to my blog. . . :) PS good riddance of the Singles Ward I have left it is the dust- well frankly I haven't really been going to church, so I should really work on that, however, when I do go I just throw up in my mouth when I do go to the singles ward. I mean if I have to hear someone talk about trying so hard to go on a date- I just seriously get so nasty . . . in fact I get mean to their FACE. I used to just talk crap behind their back, but I have taken it to a whole new level. Best, if I just stay out of that icecream sunday, ward stare, trying to make an activity to find a date, make a taco bar, stand around and look at eachother scene! OHHhhhhhhh.