Saturday, January 10, 2009

Me, as an old lady

I was driving around yesterday, speakers blaring, rapping along with some of the greats. I started thinking to myself about my age. I was older now. Was listening to/loving rap as much as I do still appropriate? At what age will I finally have to give it up? And just how much will I miss Snoop, Busta, Eminem, Outkast, Fabolous, DMX, 50, et al?!
That's when I knew: never. I will never quit liking rap. I may not like every jam. I may not like every new rapper that shows up on the block, rockin my hood. But, I will probably always love rap...
Which brought to mind an image of me, eighty years old, cruisin' in my Caddy, blarin' Busta and keeping up with all his rhymes. I realize I will look hilarious. However, I don't think I will be the only one. Think about it. The old people now listen to the music they loved when they were young. So, when our generation is old, we will certainly still listen to the music that was popular and fun in our youth.
This will be me:

And I'm pretty pumped about it.

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Ha. I love it. You will make a FUN old lady. I'll come chill with you, and we can also put on Michael Jackson as we go for a drive. Cause it will always be fun to sing "Jamon!" In fact, I think I'll put him on now.

Zappe Family said...

I love it my dear. You'd make me laugh any day. So fun. It's been awhile since I've check into your blog. Sorry you're having to move soon too! And...happy "31" and being kicked out of the singles ward. :(