Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!!

So, to everyone who has left comments wishing me a happy birthday, THANK YOU!!! Gosh, between blogs & facebook & just old-fashioned texting and calls, I have had a record number of birthday wishes! I feel SO loved today! Y'all rock!
I didn't really plan anything this year. Usually, I want to get all my friends together in a celebration of, well, ME! But, frankly, I haven't been very excited about this particular birthday. But, then, whilst watching "Boondock Saints" in the middle of the night last night on my Netflix instant play thingy, I decided, what the heck?! I want to have fun, even if I am older than dirt.
("Boondock Saints," by the way, is absolutely incredible. It has joined the ranks of my 'favorite movies ever.' If you can handle mega-violence and pretty bad language, it really is awesome. Funny, sad, mobster-related... What more can a girl want? "In Bruges" is very reminiscent of it, so if you love "In Bruges," I highly recommend "Boondock.")
My b-day has been good so far. Aside from waking up obscenely early for not having slept, I have had a great day! David took me to breakfast (where I got regular coke. Take that, New Year's Resolution)! Then we went to his future condo so I could see what I have to work with (I get to decorate it)!
Then, in hopes of getting a birthday present for myself, I went to the Harold's outlet. Which is going out of business. Which means 80-90% off, and then an additional 40% off if you get a few items. So, uh, yeah. You can imagine the mayhem. Amazing clothes averaging 10 bucks a pop. I mean, it was incredible. I got a couple of things, but wished I could have gone really crazy. If you live near a Harold's, you must go. If you live near a Harold's outlet, you really must go! It would be a darn shame to miss it.
So, I was planning on getting a massage, but I think maybe the retail therapy helped. Although my back is still whack. Maybe my amateur chiropractor step-dad, Bob, can crack my back for me later.
Tonight, dinner with the fam! It's been a great day:)
Plus, my one tiny birthday wish came true already. Go, me! My thirties are going to kick my twenties' a**.

2 comments:

WhiteEyebrows said...

Congratulations! ...And Happy Birthday to you!!!

Unknown said...

i'm a bit late, but I thought of you that day, just couldn't get to a computer!


Happy Birthday (I always think of it in the voice that Gus-Gus says to Cinderella....you know what I'm talking about?)