Thursday, April 10, 2008

Gym experiences

Tonight, I went with el Davido to his apartment's gym. It's really nice, it's big, has lots of equipment. We had a really good workout. As I told him, I like to workout with guys the best, because I don't want to loose face, so I will push myself harder than if I were alone or with a girl.
Two things:
  1. There was this teenager who was on a treadmill going REALLY fast, like as fast as the thing would run, standing on a skateboard. I was so nervous. I was just thinking there were so many things that could go wrong, leading to a broken head, lots of blood, and ultimately, his death. In front of me. I really didn't want to have to handle his gushing blood, or watching his body fly from the machine into a weight machine behind it, instantly breaking his back. I was freaking out. Luckily, nothing happened.
  2. The Mavs won against the (ick!) Utah Jazz. It was such a great game! The last 8 seconds were fabulous! When the Jazz made a 3-pointer, and the Mavs followed it up with a 3-pointer of their own, immediately, and by Dirk, no less, I literally cheered. I was so excited I actually talked to this random stranger, a handsome young fella who was also watching the game. He was exactly the type of stranger I avoid: cute, younger (like, 22), probably full of himself. And he talked back. Basketball can build a bridge. (Which reminds me of something I told David, "if the Mavs win this game, I can believe in anything!")

1 comment:

kitebrdr said...

Was it you or el Davido that suddenly became spanish? Way to go sports fan.