Sunday, April 13, 2008

Inappropriate!

So, what's with inappropriate questions that are, for some reason, accepted by the general public as, well, acceptable?

Example #1:
"So, how's married life?"
David and I heard someome ask a newly married couple this at a party this weekend. Afterward, David pointed out how much he hates that question, because, what? They're gonna be like "Well, turns out she's passive aggressive, and I'm an abusive husband. Who knew?"

Example #2:
"So, Maigen, are you going with David to Chicago for the summer?" (David is moving to finish school.)
Umm... First of all, girlie, you obviously don't even know if we're dating. Which we're not. But hey, thanks for 'solidifying our coupledom' for us in front of many strangers and people who potentially gossip. And wouldn't that whole thing fall in the "none-of-your-bees'wax" category anyway?

That's it. That's my rant. If if ain't your business, don't ask me about it. Especially in front of a lot of people.

Oh, and what kind of Denny's doesn't have orange juice because the 'machine's not working?' Get yourself a can of frozen concentrate and mix it up, yo. 'Cause them diners be wantin' o.j. wit their eggs and hash-b's.

6 comments:

WhiteEyebrows said...

Hmmm... I'm definitely guilt of #1... not so much on #2... at least I'd like to think I have a bit more tact and perceptiveness than that.

Alison said...

What place that banks on the fact that people come to eat breakfast items there more than any other entree on the menu, does not have O.J.? Weird.

Candice & Lindsey said...

I soooo relate. I swear some people ask inappropriate questions/make statements in front of others just to be bratty. What's up wit dat!?!?

JennaK said...

hey, you have to realize it's just people trying to talk about something, but, yeah, I hate it when they ask you questions that aren't any of their business.

Chelle said...

I also love to be asked how my love life is going, and I hear married people enjoy being asked when they are going to have babies.

:P

Gina Marie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.