Thursday, April 10, 2008

"Info Not Available"

So, as you may know, I hate Dish Network.
Last night, I woke up to what sounded like, and very well may have been, a tornado outside my window. I went to check the news, but to my very great surprise (NOT) Dish Network couldn't get a signal. Well, then, the power went completely out, and I'm just sitting in bed thinking, 'do I take cover? Do I go back to sleep?'
Well, because, as some of you may know, I really can't have my sleep interrupted for any reason (especially when under the influence of Tylenol PM) I decided to stay in bed. Yes, that's right. I would rather sleep than hide from a tornado outside my window. Lazy? Sure. Crazy? Maybe.
The other problem with DN is that the 'guide' is completely useless. Most of the time, as little as 30 minutes to an hour ahead of time, the guide says "info not available." Oooo, I want to know what is going on in half an hour? I know, it's a lot to ask. It's not easy to predict the future. No one knows what's going to happen. Don't worry, DN, I know you're no fortune teller.
As I am writing this, I am watching Law and Order CI (yes, I am a L&O junkie) or should I say 20 second increments of L&O interrupted with "aquiring satellite connection" screens, because, you guessed it, it's a little windy outside. Although this is not my favorite L&O cast (it's the red-head monotone girl and Mr. Big), you just can't miss a minute here, 30 seconds there, and keep up with a L&O plot.
DN, you stink.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Girl, great minds think alike. That's all I got to say. :)

kitebrdr said...

I love the cable commercial with the over weight, dorky guy wearing a dish. Very funny.