Thursday, April 3, 2008

"Subaru's are liberals' cars"

Raise your hand if you have heard me say that. Bet lots of you have.
Here's an article that kind of sounds like me:
http://autos.aol.com/article/truck/_a/republican-or-democrat-cars/20080401133909990001
My personal theory is:
Subaru, Volkswagon, Honda, Acura, Hyundai, BMW-- liberal.
Cadillac, Toyota, Ford, Mercedes, Infiniti, Jaguar, GMC, Porche-- conservative.
What do you drive? And do you think it matches up with your political stance? I drive a Nissan, but am a conservative (I think Nissan might fall on the liberal* side.)
I'm glad someone wrote that article. Means there are people out there who share my penchant for creating meaningless theories. Oh, yeah, and some of my predictions were way off according to this article. Boo.

*My predictions are based more on looks than anything, like I know anything about cars.

6 comments:

Rhia Jean said...

I drive a Mazda. You're article didn't say anything about Mazda owners but it did say sports car drivers are 8% rep and 5% dem and that our vote is a toss-up. Very true. I am very indecisive.

Nicole said...

Jaguars are definitely NOT conservative cars. Jag, owned by Ford, is one of the largest supporters of GLBT rights around! PUKE! In fact, a portion, albeit small, of the sales of this product line go directly into GLBT donations.

HiccupMeL said...

I drive a Nissan... BFF!!

WhiteEyebrows said...

Shoot... every car i've ever wanted is a liberal car... does that mean deep inside I'm a liberal?

Zappe Family said...

I've got a Mommy Ford Van...can we say CONSERVATIVE! Aaron has 2 Hondas though...not liberal by any means though...I agree with the basic theory though. If you want to see some crazy liberals, come to downtown Seattle!

Chelle said...

Well, my Subaru fits right into your theory, being the liberal that I am.

And to further prove it, I rarely drive and mostly take public transportation. Or maybe that just proves my poverty and what a pain it is to drive in NYC. :)