Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My life

Fun (or boring, depends on if you like me or not) facts:
  • I'm getting a laptop. That's right, my archaic, gigantic computer is on its way out. I am excited to have a lot more space at my desk, and to have the ability to work on my book wherever. Being stuck at my desk has, I believe, hindered my efforts a bit.
  • I'm really going through my clothes and shoes, and am going to sell a ton of stuff. I want to be a minimalist. For real. Stop laughing. It could happen. (P.S.: girls, let me know if you want to buy any size 8 1/2 - 9 shoes. Barely worn, nice brands. Fabulous!) I'm even having my boys be the judge of my clothes this time, instead of my sweet girlfriends, who don't want to hurt my feelings. These boys, I fear, may even be too brutally honest. But, hey, at least I will not keep anything that makes me look ugly.
  • I signed a new lease with my sis. Our new place has a breakfast nook! It is soooo big! Yay!
  • I'm off today and tomorrow, and am basically going to work my butt off, literally, at the gym.
  • Forget online apps. I am also going to get all gussied up and go to all the t.v. and radio stations, and magazines and newspapers in Dallas in the next couple of weeks to drop resumes and audition tapes, meet people, and generally annoy my way into a new job.
  • I kind of love the rowing machine at the gym. I think I might get one. It kills. I can keep it in the breakfast nook.
  • Saturday night I am going to a party for the AFI Film Festival. Directors, actors, et al will be there. Maybe I can get a job film editing or something. We'll all see. And if I see Mischa Barton, I'm going to tell her she needs a new stylist and offer to do the job. Boy, does she need it. (Reminds me of my recurring dream that I become friends with Jessica Simpson, and say "Jess, do you want me to be your stylist? Because you really need me to!" [I actually have had that dream a couple of times. It isn't nearly as often as my shopping dreams; martial arts dreams; running from murderers dreams; dinosaur dreams; or kissing gorgeous celebrities like Robert Downey, Jr dreams.])
  • General Conference is this weekend, too! Unfortunately, I have to work a lot, but because of the miracle that is Tivo, I won't miss out! Should be a great weekend!
  • I love having a really clean house! Feels so good to be home!
  • I love Elliott Stabler from "Law and Order SVU." I kind of think he's totally hot. Sadly, in real life, he dresses like this:
When he can look as cute as this:

4 comments:

Alison said...

Um, I wear a 9 and would like to peruse your shoe collection if you'll let me. I'm trying to act more calm than I actually am. :I Wahoo!

Rhia Jean said...

Hmmm...shoes. Yes, count me in for Maigen's Shoe Shopping Extravaganza. I could use the opinion of a fashionista! I wear size 8 1/2. :)

Chelle said...

This is one of those moments when I REALLY wish my feet were smaller.

Loved the update, miss you, will call you tomorrow.

Erica said...

I have to admit.....this last summer living with grandma I had an unhealthy obsession with Elliot Stabler. Rrraow. That hoodie almost kills it. Heinous.

Also I am a 8 1/2 or 9.