Friday, May 30, 2008

Funny insight...

Yeah, I know, I should be packing up my apartment right now, and instead I am wasting time... But somehow, some days, wasting time just feels so delicious! Today is one of those days. Is it because I only got like 2 hours of sleep last night? Or maybe because the task at hand is so monumental that I just feel impotent to accomplish it? Whatev. "I'm not training for the Olympics. So what if after a whole hour of work I want to unwind with a burger and a crack-pipe? If I do that every night, does that make me a some kind of crack-head? (He's a crack-head... he's the fattest crackhead I've ever seen...)" -Jim Gaffigan, folks. Sorry, I digress...
Anywho, I was talking to a friend of mine today, (excuse me, my phone is ringing... the 'Sex and the City' ringtone taunting me, reminding me of my SATC movie plight...sigh) who was relaying something her hilarious friend (no, not me) said:
'Wouldn't it be funny if when you meet a new guy, and are, of course, having all these little "what if?" fantasies in your head, he could read your thoughts? Because if he could, he would not only not ask you out, nay, he would not only run, he would call the police.'
Anyway, that made me laugh. And, how true? And, how sad? And, how true?

2 comments:

Teri said...

Let's here it for procrastination! Good luck with the move... I feel your pain :)

Alison said...

I heart Jim Gaffigan. I own "Beyond the Pale" (that stand up routine). Sigh. I'm such a nerd. :)