Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Nobody's perfect...

Some things in this world I will just never be good at. Oh, well. You just gotta know your limits. I have come to terms with the fact that I will just never excel (or even be decent) at:
  1. Higher-level math. Once I decided that Algebra 2 was just a piece of cake junior year, and started reading books for entertainment during class every day, and then got behind, I just never caught up. Pre-cal was lost on me. Oh, well.
  2. Waiting tables. I am okay with being a terrible waitress. I only did it for 4 months, and was so bad! My bosses were always comping desserts, I spilled stuff on people, forgot to order their food, and generally got pity tips.
  3. Bowling. I am terrible. It would be embarrassing, but I just don't care. Luckily, I don't base my self-esteem on my bowling skills. Tonight, I think I bowled a 42. Yep. No joke.
  4. Being nice to people who are mean to my family or friends. Cross me, okay. Hurt someone I love, watch out. I will likely stab you with my Michael Kors' heels.
  5. Cooking. I am working on this. But, really, so far I can make toast. Hopefully, it's not an innate disability (it may be, thank you, mom), but something I can overcome with time. I did make some amazing spaghetti sauce the other week. Hey, that's something. (Yeah, let's not publicize this to all the mo men. Could really hurt me.)
  6. Driving. You might be aware of this, if you have ridden with me. Especially in the snow.

There are more things, but these ones are really stand-out faults. I think I may have written this post before, come to think of it.

7. Memory. I forget some facts, events, conversations, etc. Other things I remember freakishly well. What the dealy-o?

Don't worry, I know I'm good at lots of stuff, too. Bowling tonight just reminded me of my little list of "oh, well"'s. Here are seven "good at" things, to balance out this post, just so y'all don't get too concerned about my self-esteem:

  1. Comedic timing.
  2. Vocabulary.
  3. Accessorizing.
  4. Giving compliments.
  5. Being photographed. (For the most part.)
  6. Understanding human behavior.
  7. Loyalty.

One more, just for good measure:

8. Organizing.

Had to end on a high note. "That's it for me! Goodnight!" (-George Costanza)

7 comments:

kitebrdr said...

8. Laughing freely.

I love ur ability to laugh at funny things...

Candice & Lindsey said...

10. Being a fabulous friend to everyone.
11. Great dresser.
12. Sushi lover.
13. FAB-U-LOUS

We can make the "cooking one" a talent together!

Maigen said...

Aw, thanks guys! That made my day!

Alison said...

I share numbers 1,3,4, and 7 on the "oh, well" list, so you're not alone.

I think you're so much fun--just one of those people others want to be around. :)

Amy said...

Us bad drivers need to stick together...although I think you're better at it than me. =)

Rhia Jean said...

I don't think anyone is good at bowling, so don't feel bad.

kitebrdr said...

What "sport" can big bellied white trash people play if it's not bowling? Oh yeah, Darts, that's right. My bad.