Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Holy Cow

Today I saw "In Bruges," which I have wanted to see for a while. Candice, you were right about the bloodiness! But, once you know when to close your eyes, what an awesome movie. Totally sad. Totally funny. I loved it. Plus, Colin Ferrell was much more attractive than I have previously thought. And, an aside: Europeans seem to have a predisposition for using the f-word, and not only that, but they don't even act like it's a big deal. It's like any old word to be thrown in anywhere. I hate it. (Maybe that's just Europeans in the movies...)
Oh, and leaving the theater, I stepped out into a swirl of cotton blowing from the cottonwood trees like a snowstorm, and sighed as I saw the men across the street mowing the grass. It was like an allergy-themed nightmare. Unreal. Supposedly, Dallas is the #2 worst city for allergies. Amen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have wanted to see this! It's ok with me if the Irish use the f-word.....the English have tried to stamp out their language for so long it's only fair that they speak an f-ed up version of English anyway (at least that's what Glen Hansard told me)

where should I close my eyes?

The Eatnik said...

We don't ALL swear as much as Colin Farrell! Most of us do tho', me included... And it's a well known fact that the standard of English spoken in Ireland is almost double that of English spoken in England. We speak their language far better then they do themselves! We have to swear blindly at every opportunity to make them feel better...:D