Tuesday, May 13, 2008

WHAT is the deal?

If you've lived in an apartment complex, you have probably noticed that the one day you are able to sleep in during the week in the spring/summer is somehow inevitably mowing day. Why is that?
Today, a Tuesday, I was allowed to sleep in. It's not a Saturday (traditionally mowing day, at least in my family). And guess what? Mowing day.
And why is it that they seem to mow that same little patch of grass in front of my window like a hundred times? I mean, literally, they passed my window every 30 seconds. Isn't this complex big enough that you guys can go mow somewhere else in the morning?
To add insult to injury, the temperature has been lovely the past couple of days, so my bedroom window was open. I am the girl who is eternally excused from mowing the yard because I am so so allergic to cut grass. In high school I wore a surgeon's mask a few times while mowing, but even then I would be sick for days. I haven't mowed grass in years, and probably never will again.
Oh, and one more thing: it's cloudy today. Perfect sleeping-in weather. Boo.
Mowing day. It sucks.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!!!!!! This happened to me numerous times during my "break" from work! So annoying. My luck is that the mowers park there little trailer next to my building in order to be centrally located, so I hear them coming and going in addition to mowing the non-existant grass near my building. Also, I live on the side of our complex, so Tuesday is our complex's mowing day, and Wednesday is the other one's, so I get two days of mowing bliss. The worst if you ask me is that damn leaf blower!!! One other thought- WHY, WHY do they always mow at 8am?!?! It's been like that in EVERY complex I've ever lived in, is there some sort of law, some code of lawn mowing companies everywhere that they can only mow at 8am??

Alison said...

YES!!!! This is sooooo true. It's always the day too when I haven't gotten sleep in 15 years, and I'm finally tired enough to sleep until my hearts content. I hate the mowers. I hate them all!