Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Can somebody pass the Robitussin?

So, my sister has had the dread bronchitis since Saturday. I came home in the middle of the day to find her with a fever of 102, slightly disoriented, and seriously coughy. She has pretty much maintained a fever since then, her coughs are terrible, and basically she is a big old wreck. Here's the crux: by what miracle have I remained healthy (and I know, by writing this I doom myself to wake up sick)? I am always getting sick. So, I don't see how I have lasted this long. Granted, we have spoken by phone some to avoid being in the same room (especially during her high fevers), and I have yet to lick her sippy-cup of Sprite, but it is just confusing. Unless... ah, yes, the body's old 'wait until the weekend when I actually have days off to get sick' routine! I should've guessed...
Oh, and as an aside, I have not recently sung the praises of Nyquil, which is probably the only thing I enjoy about being sick... I almost miss its medicinal cherry flavor, the burn as it goes down, the warm stomach, the instant need to pee, the hazy lazy sleep and mild hangover. Hmm, perhaps it's a good thing I don't drink.

No comments: