Thursday, October 30, 2008

Working Saturdays sucks.

Now that I am in marketing, I rarely have to work on the weekends anymore (and may I just say, 'hallelulia!' to that).
But, this weekend, because of yet another 'promotion' (doesn't it cease to be a 'promotion' when it happens every couple of months? I mean, anniversaries and birthdays are so special because they are so rare. 'Promotions' at work should follow suit. What's special about every two months, I ask you? What?!) I have to work Saturday.
I know, I should be grateful that it has become such a burden, a rare occasion, that it is so annoying and out-of-the-ordinary. But, I am not. Instead, I am dreading my weekend. If you can actually call it that.
Working on Saturday is the pits.
That's it. I am wearing running shoes and jeans. And a polo shirt. That'll show 'em.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Yeah, I don't ever really have to go in on weekends, but I do tomorrow (for a short period of time). We're working the concession at a volleyball tournament to earn money for us to take a field trip to a place that I don't want to go to. sigh. Yeah, I know, boo-hoo for me. I just reeeeeeeeally HATE working at all on the weekends.

Unknown said...

atta girl!!