Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sorry everyone, this is gonna be a doozey...

But, since this is the first time I've ever been "tagged," and it was by two friends in two days, and the "quiz thingys" had the same theme, I am going to combine them and just subject you to it. Because you love me.


Gina's Quiz Thingy

8 TV Shows I Love to Watch:

1. Seinfeld
2. Sex and the City
3. Flipping Out
4. Project Runway
5. What Not to Wear
6. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
7. Law and Order SVU
8. Anthony Bourdain No Reservations


8 Favorite Places To Eat:

1. Jasmine Sushi
2. Tokyo One
3. Chipotle
4. Einstein Bros
5. C-Rolls sushi
6. Noodles & Co
7. Awaji Sushi
8. Indian food restaurants



8 Things That Happened Yesterday:

1. Canvassed for work
2. Met a cute guy
3. Read my book at the DFW Writer's Workshop
4. got my book ripped to shreds in critique
5. read a cool blog by my new friend from DFWWW
6. had a couple of pancakes at 10 pm at IHOP with the DFWWW peeps. Yep, carb overload late at night, that'll help.
7. created a new outfit that was totally fabulous and constructed from old pieces in my wardrobe, made original and fresh
8. talked to Krissy



8 Things I Look Forward To:

1. publishing a book
2. making a movie
3. becoming a minimalist
4. getting out of debt
5. Erin, Meredith, and Jared coming to town next week
6. the new movie "Synecdoche, NY" which I am sure I misspelled
7. a kiss from someone new someday (hopefully sooner than later)
8. a new job



8 Things I Love About Fall:

1. crisp mornings
2. tweed lady hats
3. cooler temps
4. fall smells (pumpkin spice is the #1 scent that arouses males, btw)
5. daylight saving time (the dark, not the sale)
6. hot chocolate
7. cardigans
8. tights



8 Things On My Wish List:

1. Robert Downey, Jr
2. Jeffrey Dean Morgan
3. Adrien Brody
4. Ryan Gosling
5. The Rock
6. Josh Hartnett
7. George Clooney
8. Rodrigo Santoro
9. Jude Law
10. Mark Ruffalo

Just kidding...

1. a great man (he doesn't have to be famous)
2. a bestseller or two
3. a good night's sleep
4. a pretty fall wardrobe furnished by Anthropologie for free
5. a year or two with no work, just travel, everywhere
6. a loft in the 'Southside on Lamar' building downtown, or in NYC, DC, London, or Seattle
7. free law school
8. zero debt



8 People I Tag:

1. Alison
2. Rhia
3. Sam
4. Jana
5. Natalie
6. Kerry
7. Jill
8. Teri



Michelle's Quiz Thingy



8 things I am passionate about...
1. people I love
2. fashion
3. writing
4. politics
5. video production (I am a nerd, yes)
6. fun
7. films/music
8. organization/lists



8 words or phrases I use often:
1. Is there sugar in syrup? Then, yes. (Elf)
2. fabulous
3. Look at you! (Elf)
4. fashion mistake of the week
5. Sorry, salad. (Jim Gaffigan)
6. Buzz, your girlfriend, woof! (Home Alone)
7. Yo, what the dealy-o
8. butt-ugly (yeah, I know, not very nice...)



8 things I have learned from my past...
1. never use credit cards!
2. a blunt bang just doesn't work on me (you know, bangs, like hair... not the "I always appreciate a good bang" type of bangs, you pervert)
3. if it's not going to kill me, or put me in jail, it really isn't that bad
4. pegged jeans are just never okay
5. random make-outs do not replace love
6. Nicolas Cage has no business in a movie, and if I knowingly walk into a NC movie, it is my own darn fault
7. family and friends are really important
8. if a guy is wearing leggings and says he is a dance major (no matter how cute he may be, no matter how much you may want to flirt with him and play the leggings off as more eccentric than gay) don't be shocked if he tries to compete with you for another dude on a plane.



8 places I would love to go see or visit...
1. Africa
2. Italia, esp the Riviera and Rome
3. Greece
4. Tokyo
5. Ireland
6. Paris and the French countryside
7. Australia
8. NYC



8 things I currently need or want...
see above "8 things on my wish list"



8 people I tag...
see above (feel free to do either or both of the lists!)

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Awww, thanks for doing my silly tag thing. How did you know I would think of the wrong kind of bang? Oops...

Jared said...

Any way you make a post about the experience of getting your book ripped to shreds? I think the problem with having other writers do the critiquing is that they are much more focused on finding mistakes instead of trying to gauge the entertainment value of the book.