Sunday, October 5, 2008

Submitted for your approval:

Not that I don't love Conference... I do. I love it. I especially loved President Monson's talk about goals and living your life now. It is just what I needed to hear! (And I especially like re-reading the talks in the 'Ensign' later, because that's when I learn to most.)
But, I have noticed a strong similarity between General Conference and eating massive amounts of turkey.
Maybe it's the pajama pants, the fuzzy blanket, the soothing voices and music, the dim room. I don't know. But, by the second half of each session, I am about two shakes away from falling into a deep relaxing coma. All of my muscles are totally relaxed, my eyelids are heavy, and I start thinking about how watching Conference with a bunch of my single mo peers probably isn't such a good idea because of the inevitable chain of info that will spread throughout my ward about my ultra-loud snoring during said Conference. Luckily, I have yet to actually fall asleep during one of these sessions. But, it can only be a matter of time.

5 comments:

Alison said...

It's the voices, the old man voices. Like having a grandpa reading you a bedtime story as you drift off to sleep.

Unknown said...

yeah, especially this afternoon session...all those foreign accents lulled me into a deep, deep sleep.

Zappe Family said...

Yes, we fall asleep almost every afternoon session of conference. It's so hard to stay awake!

HiccupMeL said...

I love your blog. I just read this post to my roommate and we both laughed out loud. SO TRUE!! Even though you tell yourself, "I'm just going to close my eyes for a second..." It ends up being three hours. :)

Rhia Jean said...

It's always the Sunday afternoon session...gets me every time.