Sunday, October 26, 2008

I love the DSO!

I went to the Dallas Symphony Orchastra last night and saw Midori, a fabulous violinist.
With Midori, they played Brahms' Concherto in D major for Violin and Orchestra, Op. 77, which was amazing. It reminded me of the music from the film "The Age of Innocence" in tone.
The DSO also played Siegfried Idyll by Wagner, which was lovely. It was a birthday gift to his wife, and he had small symphony play it for her at their lake-side home. Aww, how sweet.
But, perhaps my favorite was Symphony No. 2 by Rouse. A-maz-ing. It was violent and cacophonous, but in a strong and good way. I can't describe it. It was like an emotional journey that had very distinct parts throughout.
It was such an incredible show! If you haven't gone in a while, I highly recommend it! It's like you can feel your soul expanding, and it stops fitting inside your body.

2 comments:

Alison said...

"It's like you can feel your soul expanding, and it stops fitting inside your body."

That is the perfect description of what it feels like to listen to truly fantastic classical music. Love it.

WhiteEyebrows said...

cacophonous = word of the day. nice work.