Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Depressed

Today I saw "The Savages," which was sad and good and down-right depressing; followed by "No Country for Old Men," which I know is beloved by America and the Academy and my dear friend, but, I hated it! I don't know why... Maybe it was my already depressed state of mind. It was gory (so much so that its brutality made me nervous and actually nauseated), sad, and the ending was, well, what was it?! I hated the main character (you know, the guy with the less-than-flattering bob [once again supporting my theory that bad guys always have bad hair, and could use a good deep-conditioner]). Anyway, I think that the reason it received so many Oscar nods was strictly because it was by the Coen brothers. Feel free to argue with me on this one, or to enlighten me.
I have been watching "Sex and the City" all night to try to recover from my film choices today. My soul is bruised.
Next time, I will try a frivolous movie that will leave me feeling peppy and upbeat, maybe with a nice good-looking leading man as eye-candy, which is unlike me. I usually hate frivolous movies.

1 comment:

Rubymelt said...

I couldn't watch two movies like No Country in one day. Wow. You are amazing. I enjoyed No Country, but am looking forward to Persepolis and Atonement for more uplifting movies!