Thursday, January 24, 2008

WTF? Punished for being awesome: The chronicle of becoming the 'closing cashier'

I don't even wanna talk about it...

Although I will say this. I am perturbed that with all the extra sleep I could be getting since I don't have to go in until so late, I'm actually more tired, I think.
I am not getting any extra sleep. Therefore, I do not look more lovely and refreshed than before. Therefore, I do not get extra attention and special favors at work. Therefore, I am not slowly (or quickly) getting scheduled sweet shifts again, making my life easier and my rest better. Therefore, I keep getting crappy, closing shifts. Therefore, I do not get better sleep. Therefore, I do not look more lovely and refreshed, earning me special attention and extra favors, and oh, man, I just, I just really gotta get some sleep. And a job with better hours.
But you see how the vicious cycle sets in, don't you? Closing shifts are ruining my looks. Soon, I will look like Sharon Stone:Except with less blue eyeshadow...

1 comment:

Kerry said...

You, Maigen, could never be as disastrous (spelling?) as Sharon Stone. Never gonna happen.