Thursday, January 31, 2008

I know, this is mean... But funny!

One of the blogs I read mentioned that one thing that would make the blogger wish he were dead would be a Super-bowl commercial featuring Jessica Simpson... I couldn't agree more, but I will take it one step further.
I wish she would disappear. Make sure you understand me: I don't wish she were dead. I just wish she would, oh, I don't know, move to an experimental space-station on the moon where no communication with earth is possible, as the token primate, of course.You know, or she could just disappear like the family in "Home Alone," not actually lost, but just stuck forever in a black hole of traveling misadventure about which we would never have to read on the cover of a smutty celebrity newspaper whilst waiting to check-out at Tom Thumb with our baguette, hummus, brie, and of course, Blue Bell 'cookies and creme' ice-cream.
Sure, then the earth would be in trouble finding people to play roles like "Daisy Duke," finding a blonde bimbo with as little class for whom lines like "I think something bounced up into my undercarriage" would be as effortless... Unless, why, of course! Paris Hilton! (But that girl is a whole separate blog... Remember when I called Simpson, Hilton, Miss South Carolina, and Steve-O the "Royal Court of Dumb" in "The Dumbification of America?" Yeah, I stand by that.)
(For the record: I only watched like 10 minutes of "The Dukes of Hazzard" before I walked out. They just happen to be showing commercials on t.v. for a showing of it, and the only quote from the movie in said commercials is what I quoted above.)

3 comments:

Teri said...

I agree. JS is the most lifelike blow-up doll I have ever seen. It's time she was deflated.

Anonymous said...

I disagree with the post. The only reason why JS is popular is because we have made her so. The mere fact that she has made it on a topic of your blog shows that her PR people are doing a good job. The only way for her to disappear from your view is to change your view. Sure she is everywhere, but then again so are alot of other blonde, busty women who are adored by men. Not that I adore JS, I could care less. The reason she is everywhere is because you are following her... in a round about way... Let me know what you think .

Maigen said...

I know what you are saying, D, but I have never supported a J Simp movie or song, or watched her show or left the t.v. on a channel she shows up on. I am not actually following her so much as inundated with her at every turn, and sick of it! I guess I would just prefer to be the one who hand-picks the celebrities we have to hear about, not have to have the celebrities that the less-than-discriminating public have made so shoved down my throat!
Oh, and a lot of blonde, busty women are intelligent and haven't made their living based on how ditsy they are. I guess what I am really annoyed about is stupid people making more money than me;)