Monday, January 21, 2008

I'm feeling very culturally well-rounded lately...

I saw "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street" (the musical) this weekend. I understand what all the Broadway buzz was about. It was totally awesome (like the computers--you have to have lived in Utah to get that one)!

The director did some things that were outstanding, the format was really different from anything I've seen. At first, it was a little difficult to understand what was going on, but once I got it, it was amazing.

One of the things that impressed me the most was that all of the actors not only acted and sang, but played at least one, or several instruments; and incredibly well, mind you. They literally played the score as they played their roles. It was unreal.
Now I really can't wait to see the movie!

No comments: