Monday, January 7, 2008

My birthday is nigh...

And I have recently begun referring to it as "D-day." I am off work that day, but alas, I do not have a pile of money horded under my mattress for a shoe-shopping-spree, as I had hoped. Instead, I will probably spend the day in my dark bedroom, curled up in the fetal position.
Just kidding. I actually don't really care at all, I just don't savor the idea of people asking my age, and my having to answer with an age that is closer to 40 than to 15, not that 15 is good. I think the phrase, "why, don't you know it's impolite to ask a lady her age?" (spoken with a southern accent, of course) might manifest itself on a quite regular basis in my near future.
At least I don't look 30. I really look 24, or younger. And I really must thank my dear mother for such resilient, super-age-defying genes. If I can continue to look young (through whatever means necessary, botox, plastic surgery, bring it on), I'm cool with getting older. In fact, old is totally in right now. Look at Demi Moore.

3 comments:

Rubymelt said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rubymelt said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kitebrdr said...

Just wait till you are looking down the barrel of 50, but at least on only look 60.