Saturday, December 13, 2008

Holidays, schmolidays...

I had to work today. In the store. Ugh.
I got into marketing so I could stop working in the store. But, now it's busy, and where am I? Oh, yeah, that's right, in the store.
I shouldn't gripe. Last week I was "in the store," but pretty much got to do my regular job. I just did stuff from the office instead of out around town for the most part.
But, the next two weeks promise to be, well, terrible.
Because, I will be in the store in the store, and I fear I will really be helping customers and doing all the crap that that entails.
"Tis the season to be grouchy" seems to be the mantra of most customers. And, they can't blame the recession, because they were all this grouchy last year, too, when they were rich.
So, thus begins my yearly countdown to "after the holidays."
I have 12 more work days until my January break.
I can live through 12 day of anything.

No comments: