Monday, December 29, 2008

I was sad to learn...

That lame-o new Kate Hudson movie, "Bride Wars," opens on my birthday. Way to tarnish my "special day."
Of course, the only thing special about this year's b-day is the uninvitation to the singles' ward. "Welcome to the outer darkness of dating, oh ye unmarriable..."
Just kidding. I just think it's funny.
Oh, and btw, I checked out my family ward this Sunday. But that's a whole different post. A post that may or may not include
  • a giant 40s-era flower on my head that alienated, well, everyone
  • two nice families
  • one relative's ex, who was very nice
  • snubbing by at least 4 people who knew me, saw me, and completely ignored me

This is gonna be fun...

5 comments:

Kerry said...

I can't wait to read your post on your experiences from your first visit to your new ward; those little tidbits leave me wanting.
Also... If it makes you feel any better, even married I still have people ignore me in our family ward. I'm still adjusting to this whole family ward thing. Sadly I can't say I'm much of a fan yet. : (

HiccupMeL said...

SAD!!! I'm so sad that you're in the same boat I am. It has not been fun. I wish I could tell you different!! I can't wait to read your post. I should post about some of the weirdos I've seen -- but it's way worse in the 31-45 single's wards. It's like the Island of Misfit Toys. Outer darkness is right.

Unknown said...

bless your heart.


i turned the sister missionaries away on Sunday.


i'll never get passed that one.

Unknown said...

or is it "past that one"


I've completely lost my mind. Someone help.

Rhia Jean said...

Just pray you don't get called to Primary. I swear Sharing Time is THE most boring and uninspirational part of the day.