Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Nick & Norah's

I know two people who, upon seeing this post, might disown me as a friend, but I gotta admit, I kind of liked "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist."
Yeah.

No, it wasn't life-changing. It certainly didn't make me think, or feel anything. But, it was cute, and entertaining. And considering that it was a buck at the dollar theater, it wasn't much of an investment. Now, I will admit that the ex-girlfriend of the George Michael character sucked, and the Caroline character was disgusting, and the gum was a major, major issue for me. One scene in particular involving throw-up, a toilet, a phone, and gum was literally unwatchable. It took about one second of that for me to cover my eyes for the duration. However, Michael Cera is always adorable, the gay teen boys were fun in that 'girlfriends' way, and well, I laughed a couple of times. I did take issue with the parents of these high schoolers assumably being okay with them staying out all night long in NYC, and the teens getting into clubs by knowing all the bouncers, and drinking at bars, because that all seemed a little unbelieveable. But, whatev. It was cute. I think I recommend it.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Um, thanks a lot for seeing that without me Maigen! Didn't you know your my go-to girl when it comes to movies, especially the artsy-fartsy ones???

Maigen said...

Oh, I know, sorry, lady! It was the middle of the day, and spur-of-the-moment! Wasn't the same without you, though!