Tuesday, December 2, 2008

This makes me sick.

A Wal-Mart greeter was trampled to death by shoppers stampeding to get bargains on Black Friday. People truly disgust me sometimes. (Oh, and they knocked down four other workers who were trying, in vain, to save him... And they kept shopping as the store announced it was closing because of the death.) Bastards.
I don't care if "trampled worker lacked training." You see another human being, trained or not, you don't mow him down and trample him to death for a deal on an ipod. You just don't. I think this is so sad and awful I just keep adding to this post because of it. If they don't prosecute, it will be a travesty. People need to be held accountable. It's manslaughter, New York state govt. Not prosecuting (and I am sure with your video and shopping records, you can, even thought it might be "difficult." Do the work, someone is dead) is like justifying terrible, horrendous behavior. It's like, "oh, don't worry about it, American customer. You are always right. You really are."
http://news.aol.com/article/did-trampled-worker-lack-training/262348

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Ditto. Dalles and I have been following this story and it's appauling and disgusting.
On a happier note, I'm in love with your new background design!

Zappe Family said...

I'm right there with you. It's absolutely wrong and shows how low we've gone as a society. Priorities??

I do love your new blog background too! Way to go!