Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Nerves

Once again, I am wide-effin-awake in the wee small hours of the morning. And it's not like I'm not tired. I am exhausted. Again.
I am so anxious and nervous (I think) that I just can't sleep. My mind is just going, going, going. Tomorrow night, I will be taking a healthy dose of my old friend, Nyquil.
Bring it on, oh crimson elixir of delight. Sleep... Ahhh!
It's too late to take it tonight. I will be asleep until 2 pm. And I have to work.
I wish I had some outlet for all these crazy nerves. Where is my punching bag when I need it? Oh, yeah, in my parents' storage unit. Boo.
So, yes, ambiguity once again abounds in this post. Hopefully soon I will be less guarded. But, who knows? Maybe in my old age I am becoming a more private person? Could be a good thing.
So, I'm not telling you the disease, but I can share my symptoms: insomnia, nervousness, and impatience. And optimism, goofy-head-in-the-clouds-iness, and lots of smiling. But don't read too much into this, eh.

4 comments:

WhiteEyebrows said...

Is the disease alcoholism? :)

Maigen said...

Hahaha! That's actually pretty hilarious! The symptoms kind of work for that, huh?
No... but I do love Nyquil. "I love syrup, I love it, I love it, I love it!" -Buddy the Elf

Rhia Jean said...

Nyquil is the elixir of life...or maybe sleep. Yes, the elixir of sleep. That is why I love it...not that I need it too often. Sleeping isn't my problem, it's waking up. But I do keep a stash of Nyquil in my medicine cabinet like all good Mormons do for those nights when I can't sleep.

Zappe Family said...

Is it a crush? :)