Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I know you've all been waiting for this:

MY "SEX AND THE CITY" MOVIE REVIEW:
Okay, first of all, can I just say, I loved the outfits!!! SJP's clothes were almost all incredible, with only a couple of flops (i.e. wedding party strange black jumpsuit with Vegas-worthy gold belt buckle). Overall, LOVED clothes! Here are a few faves:

I coveted this entire look! Love the white, the menswear, the juxtaposition of the pink with the black ascot. Can I get a "what what?"

I know, I know, I changed my opinion of this dress! I think I just didn't like the shoes with it. But, the dress, bonjour!

Okay, this whole thing is fabulous! I LOVE the belt, the different green florals, and the shapes! But, let's not overlook the most important thing: I NEED THOSE SHOES!!!

Charlotte's clothes were also very good, and I was even diggin' Miranda's style. Sam looked a little harsh, but what I loved overall was belts, belts, and more belts! And, I gotta admit I love a good straw hat that doubles as a hide-out.

So, the story also did not disappoint. (Possible spoilers to follow.) I loved a moment on a bridge, Charlotte's surprise and endearing angry moments, the scene outside a car with flowers, and the ending! I giggled at the Anthony/Stanford moments. And Carrie's fashion-show was fabulous! And, JenHud, what a doll. Loved a curvy girl rocking hot clothes and even hotter eye make-up.

I also have to admit that in the opening montage of memories, I was so excited that I was all teary-eyed! I felt like I was going to start bawling at any moment. Should I be embarrassed about that? As I told David, "but they're my friends!" To which he said, "do you hear yourself right now?"

Anywho, I was so very NOT disappointed by this movie! I was a little disappointed that Smith ended up looking so old and leathery (and I mean, why did they do that to his hair? I love the long hair on him. And the shaved head. But the Ken-doll swoop? No bueno.)

I recommend it. I love it. I want to marry it. And when I do, I have the perfect head-dress for the wedding which I will steal from one of Carrie's VOGUE looks!!

Disclaimer: was slightly disappointed, though not all that shocked, by insane gratuitous nudity and raunchy sex scenes. Ick.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your review! I was totally disappointed in Smith's leathery face as well...so weather worn! But, I was expecting the break-up...however, why didn't we see her with Dante! I couldn't believe they had a whole movie and Samantha didn't get it on with anyone! All the sex was from unknown characters....which makes me think the girls were keeping it clean.

Ditto. Ditto. Ditto on all the clothes and the shoes. In fact, I got on ebay last night because I rewatched the episode when Carrie has those silver manolo's stolen from the house party. Do you remember those shoes. So georgeous (very similar to the sapphire pair in the film). They had them,in my size, for only $600.00!!! In the tv version, they wree $485.00. I really want those shoes. How can I justify that.

I wanted Stanny to have his boyfriend, he hates Anthony, they would never have kissed!

Carrie's dark hair was a no go for me, but that Vogue bridal shoot...I want one, badly!

Alison said...

I totally agree with this review, all the way down to the slight dissapointment with the icky sex scenes. But, like you said, I wasn't THAT surprised. You're soooo right, it's like seeing old friends again. :) I was lovin' Charlotte's freak outs big time!

Mrs. Bennett said...

Love the series, loved the movie!

Chelle said...

I'm so glad you FINALLY saw this, and that you loved it. I kinda wanna see it again...

JanaB said...

I loved it! The sex scenes were the only reason I went to it. . ha ha ha- jk I just loved it!!! I thought of you as a matter of fact!

Candice & Lindsey said...

You can get a "what what"! I LOVED LOVED LOVED SATC: The Movie. In fact, when I return from NY, I will be going to see it for a second time.

I'm hoping to take the Sex and the city tour of NYC next Saturday!! LOVE YOU!

wray and nat said...

Finally. i wanted your opinion before seeing it.
Now i know what i'll be doing this weekend.
love ya!!!!