Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Moving sucks

Sucks, sucks, sucks.
So, we did have a few AWESOME fellas help us move, and awesome mom and Bob, but it took bloody six hours of major moving, two u-haul loads, and two days on top of the actual moving day to get it done. And I still have some boxes to unpack...
BUT...
I love my new place! Here's why:
  • Although my closet is tragically small (well, I guess it may be decent, but compared to the gymnasium I had as a closet previously, it is miniscule), there is ample storage space
  • The aqua blue wall in the living room
  • The breakfast nook (aka our extra little seating area)
  • Lightning bugs galore
  • Bunnies everywhere
  • The water pressure in the shower is so strong, it creates a wind tunnel, like you're showering in a hurricane
  • I'm three minutes from work
  • No more $80/month for toll tag
  • Huge porch for drinking lemonade and sitting, but not until it cools down to say, 85 degrees(perhaps in October?)
  • No direct sunlight in windows, keeping it cool (and dark for sleeping-in days)
  • The air conditioner works! Well!
  • Plenty of yoga space in living room
  • Awesome work-out facility
  • Saint Augustine grass
  • I love the area
  • My kiting park is right down the street

So far I am way excited about it. I'll put up a couple of pics in the next few days. You'll like it! Because I say you will!

3 comments:

WhiteEyebrows said...

congrats on your new place! can't wait to see the pictures. sounds spacious. is it a house rather than apartment?

Anonymous said...

give credit where credit is do. and when i say 'do' i mean d.o. j/k

Maigen said...

Ha ha!! I'd like to thank my FABULOUS friend and partner in crime David, for living in this complex in the first place!!