Sunday, June 29, 2008

Getta load of this

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/critics-fear-collider-could-doom-earth/20080628165609990001
Although "'there is a huge army of scientists who know what they are talking about and are sleeping quite soundly as far as concerns the LHC,' said project leader Evans," I would just like to say, ya know, for my part (not that it matters), that if "a significant risk that ... operation of the Collider may have unintended consequences which could ultimately result in the destruction of our planet," perhaps we ought to not turn this thing on:

(**mo disclaimer: I know this won't destroy the earth, but I'd rather us all not become mutants or anything from random "strangelet" particles. I doubt being a mutant is as glamorous as "X-Men" makes it look. And I doubt many mutant men look like Hugh Jackman.)

2 comments:

Rhia Jean said...

You know, they were going to build one of those near my hometown in good old Waxahachie, Tx back when I was in high school. They dug the hole and everything. Then they lost funding or some such nonsense. Then my dad got hired part-time to guard the hole. Good times, good times.

Jared said...

C'mon! Where's your sense of adventure?