Thursday, June 5, 2008

In Plain Sight

Okay, so Georgia and I watch the USA Network because of it's proclivity toward playing Law and Order re-runs. (Although, we don't have cable right now, so there is no tv watching going on...)
However, they have been playing these commercials for months for this stupid show about the witness protection program and this girl with a pig-face and her partner Marshall, who is a US Marshall (how clever! Why, that is just bloody brilliant!) I think the show may have finally commenced this month, but whatev. That is actually not what I am writing this blog about.
What I am writing about is this commercial for the darn show that I saw at work today.
A little kid, like a total runt, who might be eight, says to the pig-face girl,"my dad always said that if someone really wants to kill you, nothing can stop them," or something very equal to that.
Oh, man, I really missed out that lesson as a child. My mom was like, "don't touch the oven door," or "don't cross the street without looking," but she never warned me about the overwhelming danger that "when someone makes up their mind to kill you, nobody can stop them." What bad parenting! I am surprised no one ever turned her into Child Protective Services. I'm amazed I made it this far. I guess no one ever decided to kill me!

No comments: