Monday, August 4, 2008

Chicago, Day 2

So, Big D decided to finally join me on Saturday (the 26th). We had a fabulous day! We rode the train down to Wrigley Field; saw the Cubs play (and the manager get kicked out, the awesome fans boo and do the whole 'throw it back' thing, et al.); made best friends with a 50-year-old Italian and his cousin; walked around the city; saw street performers; went to the Navy Pier; saw "Too White Crew," the worst 'hip-hip tribute' band ever; saw fireworks (lots of unique ones I hadn't seen before); ordered Chicago-style pizza and ate it on the balcony; and finished the day off with Will Ferrell in "Stranger than Fiction."
I went to my room and fell asleep during the movie, and when Will Ferrell sings and plays guitar in the movie, I totally thought David was singing, really loudly, to himself while getting ready for bed. I remember thinking, "why is he singing so loud out there? Hey, that's a pretty good song..."
After getting off the train, the view of the street.
David and the scoreboard.
I look funny, but it's a good one of D.
Freddie Prinze, Jr's career has taken a turn for the better...

The coach actually started chest-bumping the ump. Awesome! And the crowd all boo-ed, and threw tons of trash on the field while the manager and coach got thrown out.

50-year-old native Chicagoan, cousin, and moi. He kept calling me "Dallas." When he found out I was from Dallas, and liked the Cowboys, he was like "Dear Lord, why did you sit me next to a Cowboys fan?" with true disgust in his voice.

David and Wrigley Field. Love his outfit! He's the picture of style... Actually, he wanted to "look as much like a tourist as possible." Mission accomplished, D. :)

Neat. What's your address?

David and Harry (sp?) Carey

A-maz-ing

I made David do the "Oprah hug" with me, as that is the building she lives in behind us. He loved it.

At the pier.

I love this pic.

My fave view, from the pier.

Giant anchor and me
Ta-dah! How you like them apples?
Dancing to "Too White Crew." Ick.
Cause baby I'm a thug... In David's hat, which is way too big for me, despite my "big head." Thanks, D ;)
Fits him perfectly.
Fireworks, and kahki-shorts-clad guy.

Too much cheese, even for me. And my first word was 'cheese.'

3 comments:

Chelle said...

Fabulous pics. You are making me want to go to Chicago.

WhiteEyebrows said...

you got sunburned...

The Polson Family said...

Looks like so much fun. Can I say I read your blog all the time and you make me laugh so hard, just like college days. You're so fun!