Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I would like to thank the Academy...

Thanks, Teri, for nominating my blog! You rule!

Now, I nominate these fine folks:

1) Natalie I miss her! And this blog is a good way to see what's up!

2) Sam Political rants and comments on being a singleton in one place? Sign me up! He's not the only guy I know with verbal ability, but he's the only one who's smart enough to write it down.

3) D'Arcy Interesting, pretty blog (the photos rock). We have only met once or twice, but are blog-friends. She is awesome!

4) Alison Super-funny. Great dry sense of humor. Reminds me of me. So, I like her blog. A lot.

5) Michelle Amazing travel stories, long lost friend! Well, not that long, and not that lost, really. Fabulous friend whose life of travel I covet.

6) Jana When she posts, which isn't often enough, it is always awesome! One of the best senses of humor I have ever known! "I mean, paisley scarves!"

7) Erica Great blog, and I nominate her for the genius post "In the beginning, there was meat. And the meat was covered in bar-b-que sauce..." One of the funniest things ever, opinions I have often shared, and, well, about bar-b-que. What could be better?



The rules:
1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3. You must nominate 7 fellow bloggers for this award.
4. Add links to the recipients.
5. Leave a comment so the recipients know they have received the award.

(I wanted to nominate more of you, but there you go. I know you're sad. Especially since the award itself appears to be from a fortune-teller, or medieval , scarborough-fair-attending, velvet-wearing mystic. All the blogs I read, I love. Or, I wouldn't read them. But some of you didn't make the list because I always check your blog only to be sad that there is rarely anything new, although when you do post, it's miraculous! And, some of you are private, so no one could click on your name and enjoy your blog. I know why you do it, but you are punishing these poor people.)

4 comments:

WhiteEyebrows said...

w00t! It's an honor just to be nominated... thank you, thank you, thank you.. I could not have done it without you all...

To hear my acceptance speech for this award, please see this post:
http://www.whiteeyebrows.com/the-best-acceptance-speech-ever/

wray and nat said...

Thanks meg.
I'm truly honored!!!
Now i've got to work on staying in the cool circle of nominees...
I have'nt figured out how to add it to my blog.
Kinda slow, i'll have wray help me.
Love ya tons!!

Unknown said...

I'd like to thank my recent crisis of faith and my feminist slant without whom my blog wouldn't be half so interesting.

I'd also like to thank my readers and the nominators and I am just so thrilled, I'd like to thank my third grade teacher for teaching me about keeping my legs closed when sitting in a dress, I'd like to thank my 8th grade art teacher for....wait!!! Don't play that music!!!! Stop, I am not done. I am Julia Roberts up here and I won't be forced off this stage.....thank you life, thank you love....than.......

JanaB said...

I am so thrilled to the academy!!! I would hope also that I would be a little "deep" at times as well!!!!! :) I thought of you my dear the other day, I did buy super cute dress, with yes some paisley. . . I know. . . what can I say???