Saturday, August 23, 2008

Let's go to the movies... Let's go see the show!

I saw a couple of awesome movies on my day off, both with dark-eyed men who pretty much epitomize my "type."
"Ironman," with my favorite celebrity bad boy, Robert Downey, "finest man alive" Jr, was actually quite good. He got all these props for his acting in the movie, but I didn't notice... Did he act? I was too busy drooling to intelligently determine what his acting level was... Although I think, had it been terrible, I would have noticed that. So, cheers, Robert Downey, Gorgeous, you may deserve an Oscar. But I wouldn't know...
(*I do have to give the movie some snaps for being a super-hero movie that I did not want to run, not walk, out of!)
And, "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" was also very good. (Warning: very slight spoiler alert!) The narration made it seem very old-fashioned, or something, but in a good way. At the end, I just sat there, unable to speak. It's rare that anything leaves me speechless. But the story was so strange, the characters so interesting and bizarre, and the ending so realistic, that I just didn't know what to think. (And, of course, that's what I am looking for in a movie, something that makes me think, or change.) Javier Bardem certainly did not disappoint, either. Who knew he was such a hottie after that hair-do in "No Country"? The movie makes me just want to go on vaca to Spain or Italy or something, meet a gorgeous foreigner and shack up with him, and just never come back. And I can watch him paint violent passionate paintings, and he can fight with his crazy ex-wife (although we would not become a strange love-triangle, nope... Even if my very own book makes it seem like I like strange love-triangles...)
Overall, a very successful day off. I just LOVE good movies! Although, now I am in need of a dark-eyed man to have a fiery romance with. Sorry I ended that sentence with a preposition.

4 comments:

WhiteEyebrows said...

I have blue eyes... shucks!

Mrs. Bennett said...

I loved iron man too. I'm not usually a fan of comic book shows either.

Maigen said...

WE: always willing to make allowances;)

Nicole said...

I agree Maigen! And I can vouche for you - you were entirely speechless at the end, I was shocked! I kept waiting for your razor quick praise or criticsm. I'm glad to see what the verdict is finally ;)

The only thing we disagree on is the ending. It didn't have to be a happier ending, but there is nothing I detest more in life than a lesson going unlearned which is basically what the ending was. It just felt bleak and made me depressed!